Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast

Thread: Let's talk about the stock market

Consider this a warning Dead Lesbian Goat's Avatar
    VIN
    Blog Entries
    If the same thing happens to gold next year that happened to BTC this year, I will be sitting on over 700 million dollars. I'm going to buy the DeLorean franchises and lobby Trump to write an executive order banning all carbed DeLoreans.

I'm buying Lou a garage, a set of replacement balls for Steve and a date with Huma for Rich and I will hire the best investigators to find out where they hid Josh's body.

Oh, I don't think there's anything in that black bag for me
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Duplicate Account View Post
    Oh, I don't think there's anything in that black bag for me
    I'm getting you the blue elephant beanie baby. Word has it they are going to be priceless in a few months.

Administrator
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Lesbian Goat View Post
    If the same thing happens to gold next year that happened to BTC this year, I will be sitting on over 700 million dollars. I'm going to buy the DeLorean franchises and lobby Trump to write an executive order banning all carbed DeLoreans.

I'm buying Lou a garage, a set of replacement balls for Steve and a date with Huma for Rich and I will hire the best investigators to find out where they hid Josh's body.
    Yerthebest, man!

Every story I have read says more or less the same thing: you can't spend it and you can't very well convert it into dollars. They say you can, but then "the exchange is messed up" or some such nonsense.

I think bitcoin should be regarded along the same lines as the concept of equity: it's largely illusory. Not to say there's no value, but the value does not materialize up and until it winds up as currency back in your hand or bank. If it can't do that, it's just shit. Doesn't anyone remember flooz.com?

I'm more interested in the concept of getting this bubble transferred into other objects that I own. All of these objects are very rare, you know, and you should buy them before they skyrocket in value and you can't get them anymore.
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

VIN
    Blog Entries
    "And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of bitcoin for a penny, and three measures of bitcoin for a DeLorean; and*see*thou hurt not the oil and the antifreeze

Administrator
    VIN
    I was talking to a friend today who said things similar to Matt & Sam.

So if someone has a $15K Bitcoin, what can they do with it? I see Apmex now accepts Bitcoin, but what if I wanted to buy something for $10K?

What I really want to know is: did DPI Josh accept Matt's offer for a stainless frame?

Bitcoin is used a lot for under the radar international purchases. It is used in China for a lot of things that are not kosher, which is why the Chinese government tries to crack down on it so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Boglin View Post
    You can still get in on LTC and Ethereum cheaply. Sign up at coinbase.com. Bitcoin has the name recognition, but the other coins have better technical advantages.
    Hope some of you guys got some Litecoin (LTC). If you bought on 11/27 when I posted this, you're now up 81%.

And that quickly, make it 119%.