Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Steve and the Goat pick out yachts...the crypto thread

VIN
    Iím lazy and Iím holding out to see what bitcoin does. I heard itís either going to be worthless in a couple of months or it is going to be worth $300,000 in a year or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    It looks like me and Chad are getting closer and closer to our island investment becoming a reality. We are voting on islands as we speak.

The website for our little endeavor is www.letsbuyanisland.com
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    It looks like me and Chad are getting closer and closer to our island investment becoming a reality. We are voting on islands as we speak.

The website for our little endeavor is www.letsbuyanisland.com
    Normally I wouldn't have to, but in this case I do. Is this really your site?

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by sedated View Post
    Normally I wouldn't have to, but in this case I do. Is this really your site?
    Yep. While I am not the artist or writer, I personally know the guy heading this up and am the very first investor of this project. I made him a promise about five years ago that should he get this off the ground, that I would be his first citizen/investor. This project is certainly happening and is no longer a dream.

Chad believes in the project as well and I believe he is one of the first ten investors. The current goal is to have the island selected in the next couple of weeks and finalize the purchase in March.

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Yep. While I am not the artist or writer, I personally know the guy heading this up and am the very first investor of this project. I made him a promise about five years ago that should he get this off the ground, that I would be his first citizen/investor. This project is certainly happening and is no longer a dream.

Chad believes in the project as well and I believe he is one of the first ten investors. The current goal is to have the island selected in the next couple of weeks and finalize the purchase in March.
    Starvation, overpopulation, pollution, global warming, communisim,...all DMCTalk.com's fault

Uh, market went up 982 freaking points today.
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

VIN
    Blog Entries
    From another thread, posted here for proper context:

The goat really is getting carried away with this crypto currency scam.

I only have to worry about losing $500. At least all my my $500 is in a crypto currency people have heard of.

Ask any Joe Blow if he has heard of those other forums of play money the goat is invested in and he will just look at you with a blank scare.

Even my 79 year old dad has heard of bitcoin. The last time he ever heard the world ripple was back in the days of Sanford and Son.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I ended up putting in 1,500 bucks, half in BCH, BTC, ETH, and LTC and half in XRP. After watching closely, BTC did horrible in a month so I switched about 80% of it to BCH that soon gained in the area of 125%, which covered all of my BTC loss and then some. ETH did well to gaining about 100%. LTC did nothing. I am now spread out 80/20 with the two Bitcoin forks and my XRP has done very good getting about 25% (all of this in less than a month).

My reasoning on XRP and BCH is sound. Here is where I am coming from. BTC at it's peak was around 19k per "coin", BCH about 2.5k. They both tend to track the same, in fact that goes for just about all currencies but they do differ percentage wise. Let's take BTC and BCH, BTC is now at 3700-4k per coin. Let's get crazy and say it went back up to it's all time Dec 2017 (it won't but let's just say it does). Your 500 buck investment will garner you about 2k. Now let's say BCH does the same and goes to it's Dec 2017 price and it hits 2.5k, my 500 dollar investment will fetch around 13k. Ripple is my dark horse, I bought from .28 to 33 cents per token. if it does catch on as the intended currency for quick settlements between banks, I will come out with a very nice return, if not, I lost some coin but not enough to necessitate a swan dive from my rooftop.

In the end, it's just fun to play around with it and dream. It's like buying a rather expensive lottery ticket. I am pretty much done with swapping currencies as I am now happy with my picks and my quantities. I would suggest watching BCH and see if you might want to trade in half of your BTC for it and if you are really feeling frisky, get a wallet that supports Ripple and put a few hundred of XRP in it.
    Starvation, overpopulation, pollution, global warming, communisim,...all DMCTalk.com's fault

VIN
    I tried trading crypto currency about five years ago with no success. When Bitcoin was still dirt cheap (around $30) there were companies giving the stuff away. If memory serves me correctly, I got the equivalent of $5 in Bitcoin when I first created my Coinbase account. I forgot about it and a few years later I signed into my account to see the value what was once $5 worth of Bitcoin was now worth $50.

I got greedy and figured I could do some day trading to make my $50 grow. A few weeks later I had turned my $50 into $0.

Since then I've learned that this stupid bitcoin is all about hype. I'm not doing any day trading. I'm simply holding onto my $500 investment until the next wave of hype comes along. It could be this year or a few years down the road. The thing might even go bust and I lose every penny. Time will tell.

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Hey Steve, XRP is now available on coinbase. You might consider buying a few hundred bucks worth. The chances of it becoming a stand alone crypto not based on BTC success or failure are rising. It will never be another bitcoin but I could fathom it being 5 to 10 bucks a coin in the next few years. It's around .31 a token now.

I have about 2500 xrp in another exchange but I got 600 more just now on my coinbase account just because.

There was some scuttlebutt last week about the XRP market cap being slashed and it was overvalued, but we won't discuss such things here.

VIN
    Blog Entries
    This morning I sent 50 XRP tokens (15 bucks) from my Evercoin account to Coinbase just to make sure my addys were in sync. It cost me $.000000038. Paypal would have charged 45 cents for the same transaction.

Now putting that money in my bank account is different. Paypal is free to transfer to your bank, coinbase and other exchanges charge a fee, but it's still miles ahead. I checked and a transfer of 500.00 to my account would cost me 7 dollars so if I needed to send Steve 500 dollars, Steve would pay less than 8 bucks to see that money in his account ($7.50 exchange fee and the transfer fee would be $.0000038 ). Using paypal would cost Steve twice as much

If crypto becomes mainstream, there will not be any need to transfer your crypto to a bank account.

I considered getting a ledger but I really don't have that much tied up in the exchange. If I had more than a few thousand then yes.