Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 LastLast
Results 411 to 420 of 438

Thread: Let's talk about the stock market

  1. #411
    "The Goat" Dead Lesbian Goat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    East TN
    VIN
    05609
    Posts
    6,115
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by MrChocky View Post
    "but they go up in value every year"

    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Weeeeeeellllllllll. If you drive them, you spend $$ on them. If you let them sit, you also spend money on them. You just hope the value rises enough every year to outpace the money you pour into it. It's like filling up a bucket with a hole in it.

    Where the bucket is the vehicle (V) and water Money (M) over time (T) and the size of the hole is never constant (z) the calculation can be easily worked in the following mannor

    V+M (M/TxZ(mx~))》VxT/Z (M~xT)

    If Rich were to buy 3 Deloreans the equation actually simplifies itself

    V x (M+T)=Divorced Rich
    Three rules of DeLorean ownership:
    1: Always use the right tool for the job.
    2: A hammer is always the right tool for the job.
    3: Anything can be used as a hammer.

  2. #412
    Senior Member AugustneverEnds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Syracuse-area, New York
    VIN
    10287
    Posts
    232
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Lesbian Goat View Post
    Weeeeeeellllllllll. If you drive them, you spend $$ on them. If you let them sit, you also spend money on them. You just hope the value rises enough every year to outpace the money you pour into it. It's like filling up a bucket with a hole in it.

    Where the bucket is the vehicle (V) and water Money (M) over time (T) and the size of the hole is never constant (z) the calculation can be easily worked in the following mannor

    V+M (M/TxZ(mx~))》VxT/Z (M~xT)

    If Rich were to buy 3 Deloreans the equation actually simplifies itself

    V x (M+T)=Divorced Rich
    Who needs a DeLorean buyer's guide when you have the Goat's Law? Bravo, this is all we have ever needed
    Nick A.

    1988 BMW 325iS - March 1988 build
    1982 DeLorean DMC-12 - December 1981 build

  3. #413
    Guy with a DeLorean Mark D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Stevens Point, WI
    VIN
    06125
    Posts
    193
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Lesbian Goat View Post
    V+M (M/TxZ(mx~))》VxT/Z (M~xT)

    If Rich were to buy 3 Deloreans the equation actually simplifies itself

    V x (M+T)=Divorced Rich

    You sure that formula is correct? This video shows something slightly different.


  4. #414
    Uncensored Hypocrite stevedmc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA
    VIN
    16510
    Posts
    6,864
    So this past Saturday, I managed to refinance my house, again... This time I dropped from paying 3.625% on a 15 year fixed to 2.5% interest. Life is good.

    I've been telling myself for the past few weeks that once the refinance is done, I'll sign into my Fidelity account and increase my contributions. I increased my contributions from 12% to 20%. I might even increase it a little more after another paycheck or two.

    That being said, the lost gains in my investments were bad, but honestly not as bad as I expected. I'd say my losses were only about half of what I was expecting to see.

  5. #415
    "The Goat" Dead Lesbian Goat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    East TN
    VIN
    05609
    Posts
    6,115
    Blog Entries
    6
    My home is paid off, I am 100% debt free and my TMI is 5.2"

    Life is good.
    Three rules of DeLorean ownership:
    1: Always use the right tool for the job.
    2: A hammer is always the right tool for the job.
    3: Anything can be used as a hammer.

  6. #416
    Uncensored Hypocrite stevedmc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA
    VIN
    16510
    Posts
    6,864
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Lesbian Goat View Post
    My home is paid off, I am 100% debt free and my TMI is 5.2"

    Life is good.
    We used to say that all the time back when I lived in the trailer park.

  7. #417
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Upstate NY
    VIN
    04728
    Posts
    4,734
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Lesbian Goat View Post
    My home is paid off, I am 100% debt free and my TMI is 5.2"

    Life is good.
    5.2" definitely TMI
    Bro....do you own a DeLorean?


  8. #418
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    We used to say that all the time back when I lived in the trailer park.
    https://youtu.be/GYDN3nGlbw8

  9. #419
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    232
    Market on fire today again. Although I can't help but wonder if we'll take another dump. Especially next earnings season.

  10. #420
    "The Goat" Dead Lesbian Goat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    East TN
    VIN
    05609
    Posts
    6,115
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by MrChocky View Post
    Market on fire today again. Although I can't help but wonder if we'll take another dump. Especially next earnings season.
    You got that right. I don't see many industries fully recovering from this for years. The real problem is small businesses. Many will fail and never recover and this group makes up 75% of all businesses in America. This little hype session may be the false sense of security before the big one hits.

    My wife sent me this video while typing this out. This is Pigeon Forge and right now is the beginning of their tourist season. Cities like this are like farms, they work their asses off all year for 6 months of money that they need to make stretch all year. This will devastate cities in America if the media doesn't slack off on their doom and gloom bullshit.

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pGmNsQ-akYI
    Three rules of DeLorean ownership:
    1: Always use the right tool for the job.
    2: A hammer is always the right tool for the job.
    3: Anything can be used as a hammer.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •