Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk about the stock market

VIN
    I'm happy with what I made in the stock market this year. 34% is nothing to laugh about. I'm doubling my 401k contributions for next year. Might even put off paying the mortgage early to invest even more. I figure I might as well invest as much as I can while Trump is president.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

Consider this a warning Dead Lesbian Goat's Avatar
    VIN
    Blog Entries
    I am holding off any investment because I don't believe in cryptocurrencies any more than I believe in the dollar. That's not to say that we don't have most of our retirement tied up in a money market account, but there are healthy resources in accessible bank accounts and of course precious metals. If I could I would go back and drop 20k into bitcoin but not knowing in the future or believing in the platform, I can't put money into cryptocurrencies no matter what the track record is.

I think in the near future we are going to wake up one unassuming Wedensday morning and the entire financial landscape of this world will be different. We will be at work with the tv or radios on listening to the inevitable market correction which(because we are so oversold right now) will lead to a panic sell off.

The more this market grows without true reason the more unsettled I become about it's demise. Right now the exact thing that brought on the collapse of the housing market is happening in the automotive sector and I think there are a lot of financial institutions exposed. Whether that's worse or not I don't know. A lot of people who don't own homes own cars and in a lot of cases more than one. I was personally shocked to see the average car payment over 500.00 a month and car loans are going 7+years...than again I saw a $62,000 Silverado on the lot the other day.

Whatever happens, I like to think I'm prepared for any outcome and if it remains peachy then great. Screw it, just made another 1.5 payments on the house last night, got another 16 or 17 months to go and debt will no longer have a hold of me again.

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Duplicate Account View Post
    Sam is a profit!

https://techcrunch.com/2017/12/03/pe...um-blockchain/

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Lesbian Goat View Post
    Bitcoin at $9,800.00 per coin this morning and will most likely break 10 in the next few days. Can you freaking believe that?
    Yes, I can. I said it would on this same thread on 10-26-2017 .

For those asking, Bitcoin uses blockchain tech to allow people to set up servers that do nothing but "mine" bitcoins all day. This means they're crunching algorithms until they reach a certain solution which becomes a bitcoin. In the very beginning they could be mined with a good PC, though it took a while. I even mined one back then just to see what the fuss was about. Then I lost the wallet file it was in, because I couldn't find the hard drive it was on. I didn't care though, they were worth only like a dollar each back then. I have looked for that stupid hard drive many times since.

Anyway, soon after it blew up you needed special rigs with graphics card processors to mine a bitcoin. Now, so many have been mined that it takes even more power to do it. ASICS machines are the only way to do it now and it is cost prohibitive to all but the people who manufacture the machines.

I do know some people who took it very seriously in the beginning and made themselves millionaires from it.

I have a dream of one day living off of my stock dividends, before I'm too old to enjoy not having to go to an office every day to survive.

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Wow, blew right through 12, 13, and 14k and now at 15k

The bigger the boom, the bigger the bust. --Sam Hill, professional bedwetter and Debbie Downer
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

VIN
    Blog Entries
    I couldn't resist the drop in gold and silver and just got 2 more kilos of silver for 3 bucks over spot!(3 buck per kilo over spot, not ounce)

PS bitcoin now at 16k, hey it's been at least 2 hours since it was 14k so that sounds about right. Should be 20k by nightfall.

VIN
    This bitcoin thing is a scam. I created a coinbase account back in 2013 and was doing a little day trading among the various currencies. Last time I signed in (back in 2013), I still had a few dollars.

Well, I've changed jobs since the last time I signed in, so that means I have a new cell phone number. Coinbase won't let me in without being able to send a verification text to the phone number on file. They have face recognition software to use in the event a phone number has changed, and it isn't working either.

I tried calling their phone number and a recording answers that says they are too busy to take my call. I submitted a support ticket online, and a message pops up saying it will be several days before they even read my issue.

Its a scam and I'm obviously the scammer since I changed phone numbers. If I ever do get into my account, I'm going to buy some litecoin.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

I'm going to call $20K by noon.