Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3038394041 LastLast

Thread: Let's talk about the stock market

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Lesbian Goat View Post
    There were (don't know if it still applies) a lot of businesses accepting bitcoin. There was a yacht manufacturer that accepted bitcoin back whwn it was 17k a coin. I wonder if they kept any currency and how crappy they feel about it now if they did.

PS...I will accept BTC for any bread you want to buy. I will even offer free overnight shipping.
    If I can't walk into a regular store such as my local grocer, gas station, or even a big store such as Walmart, then it doesn't count as currency.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    I painted my Edsel.
    And just like that, Chad doubled the value of his Edsel. Not bad for just a few dollars worth of Rustoleum and painting supplies.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    And just like that, Chad doubled the value of his Edsel. Not bad for just a few dollars worth of Rustoleum and painting supplies.
    If he cleaned out the roller tray and washed the rollers and brushes he will paint his next car even cheaper.
    Starvation, overpopulation, pollution, global warming, communisim,...all DMCTalk.com's fault

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Lesbian Goat View Post
    If he cleaned out the roller tray and washed the rollers and brushes he will paint his next car even cheaper.
    I bought dad a 2007 Toyota Camry the other day with 204k miles for $2,400. The car is/was very dirty but I am slowly getting the things cleaned up. I pulled out the carpets and pressure washed them yesterday. This car could have easily sold for a lot more had it not been full of junk, vacuumed and washed before presenting it for sale.

The car had a shade of black on it when I got it. After a nice wash, it is a shiny silver. Simply amazing.

VIN
    Blog Entries
    800 point drop in one session and not one peep from you guys? Impressive!

To be honest, I'm just stupified this has gone on as long as it has. I have said time and time again the market was falsely inflated even at 13k. I am puzzled beyond belief at what has happened in the last 4 or 5 years. Let that be a lesson to you. Don't take financial advice from anyone with the word "goat" in his name.

As of right now futures are up about 100 points. I foresee a slight rally tomorrow and possibly all back to normal by close Friday(if not sooner).
    Starvation, overpopulation, pollution, global warming, communisim,...all DMCTalk.com's fault

VIN
    Itís gotten to the point where I laugh every day that I lose money. Iím currently putting 27% of my salary into the stock market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay I'll say this: several co-workers now retiring started working in the late 80s. By far the most successful ones put their 401-k contributions in high risk funds and did not make *any* changes to their fund allocations. Good times? They stuck to the plan. Bad times? They didn't change. Will that work for the rest of us? I don't know but if things get so bad that such an approach does not work, you would need bullets more than bucks.

It takes courage to leave it alone.
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Coindesk will be adding XRP to their exchange soon. Might be a good time to get a few hundred before hand.

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Duplicate Account View Post
    I have said on this thread that same thing about cryptocurrency. Still I put a few hundred in a few different ones just for the heck of it. When Ripple comes avaliable on coinbase, I will put a little more in. I'm not counting on it doing anything spectacular and the same goes for precious metals, I don't expect to get rich off of those purchases, but if the sh&t hits the fan, having a bit of diversity isn't a bad thing. With Cryptocurrency, I could lose my entire investment quite easily and quickly which is why I'm not risking much but I feel my precious metals holdings are quite solvent. If XRP shows even a little promise, most of the better known CC's will get a short term bump.

With that said, it doesn't look good right now for any of them. I think there are a LOT of small fry investors like me who are just pumping in their milk jar money with no real understanding of what they are buying.