Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041

Thread: Let's talk about the stock market

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Screenshot_20181211-085833.jpg

In the last 4 or 5 years the market has nearly doubled what it took the last 60 years to do. Something is VERY artificial here and it's right in front of our faces. When is the last time you saw any one stock or commodity do this that didn't tumble just as hard and fast?
    Starvation, overpopulation, pollution, global warming, communisim,...all DMCTalk.com's fault

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Lesbian Goat View Post
    Screenshot_20181211-085833.jpg

In the last 4 or 5 years the market has nearly doubled what it took the last 60 years to do. Something is VERY artificial here and it's right in front of our faces. When is the last time you saw any one stock or commodity do this that didn't tumble just as hard and fast?
    When it happens I won't cry. I'll say "now watch this drive" and buy Amazon.
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Coindesk will be adding XRP to their exchange soon. Might be a good time to get a few hundred before hand.
    I have almost 700 in BTC so I traded 1/4 for almost 500 Ripple XRP at .30 a coin. I had to set up an evercoin account and transferred some of my BTC to it, then exchanged it.

Never thought I would be typing words like this but to be honest, I have heard from many that crypto is the future of currency. Who knows what direction it will take with what blockchain or even if that blockchain has even been developed yet, but throwing in a conservative amount after you research it wouldn't be a bad idea...just throw in what you can afford to throw in a trashcan and not lose a lot of sleep because im the end that may very well be what I am doing.
    Hey that's a good tagline for crypto. "If you're going to throw money in the trash, why not put it in your crypto wallet?"
    Starvation, overpopulation, pollution, global warming, communisim,...all DMCTalk.com's fault

I have almost 700 in BTC so I traded 1/4 for almost 500 Ripple XRP at .30 a coin. I had to set up an evercoin account and transferred some of my BTC to it, then exchanged it.

Never thought I would be typing words like this but to be honest, I have heard from many that crypto is the future of currency. Who knows what direction it will take with what blockchain or even if that blockchain has even been developed yet, but throwing in a conservative amount after you research it wouldn't be a bad idea...just throw in what you can afford to throw in a trashcan and not lose a lot of sleep because im the end that may very well be what I am doing.
    Hey that's a good tagline for crypto. "If you're going to throw money in the trash, why not put it in your crypto wallet?"
    I sure hope it's not the future of currency. That means every transaction you make in life, from your weekend pizza, to the awkward purchase from the dude on the corner, is now 100% traceable and accounted for by the government and three letter agencies. It also means if power or cell towers are out, you can't buy anything. It's an old meme on the internet but "1984 was not meant to be a guide book".

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sedated View Post
    I sure hope it's not the future of currency. That means every transaction you make in life, from your weekend pizza, to the awkward purchase from the dude on the corner, is now 100% traceable and accounted for by the government and three letter agencies. It also means if power or cell towers are out, you can't buy anything. It's an old meme on the internet but "1984 was not meant to be a guide book".
    From what little I understand, one of the main pros of crypto is the amenity of the transactions. Let me put it this way, on coinbase, quite a bit of verification is needed to purchase, because they need your bank or payment source verified. Once however you have done that and start trading money between accounts, no verification is needed to receive funds. Let's say that I wanted to buy a kilo of heroin off the dark web or even from the guy on the corner. An evercoin account for example assigns a unique code to that account so the owner can accept anything(even us dollars). So I would send money or crypto from my coinbase to my evercoin account which is pretty much anonymous then transfer that to my drug dealer's account and that can be anonymously transferred to his financial institution through his own face account. Some basic info is needed for these accounts but could be easily forged if one was worried about that. The real thing is the QC code assigned to you. It is not assigned to your name, bank, ss number, nothing. It is assigned tonthe account and whomever has that code, has complete control of your account (making larger accounts attractive to hackers). This code is 100% private. For instance I was required to set up a password and if I lose that password the ONLY way to retrieve my account is a 12 random word code(words like "house" and "stroll" ) which is generated and sent to me is the only chance I have to get my funds. I wrote my 12 words down and was warned if I lose or forget my password and those words, any funds will be lost..forever. Crypto in this sense makes it possible to transfer monies anywhere in the world almost instantaneously and be completely untraceable (if the account holders want that).