Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Attempting to cross reference brake booster

Administrator
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Boglin View Post
    Make an adapter plate, puss!
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    The Jegs brake booster arrived today. The Jegs booster doesn't fit. The bolts that line up with the master cylinder are too far apart. I'm returning it.

Yah.....ya puss!

VIN
    Making an new mount for the firewall side is no big deal. The problem is, the thing won't like up with the master cylinder. I can't think of a way to make an adapter for that, hence me returning this unit.

As soon as I find a unit that lines up with the Saab master cylinder it is game on. I could care less about the firewall side lining up as I have a local redneck I'm going to get to make a new mount that will line up to the booster.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

Making an new mount for the firewall side is no big deal. The problem is, the thing won't like up with the master cylinder. I can't think of a way to make an adapter for that, hence me returning this unit.

As soon as I find a unit that lines up with the Saab master cylinder it is game on. I could care less about the firewall side lining up as I have a local redneck I'm going to get to make a new mount that will line up to the booster.
    Still a puss!!!
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

VIN
    The next booster I am going to try is from a 1994 Nissan Sentra. The firewall bolts won't line up but the master cylinder bolts might.

My local junk yard has a million or so cars on the lot and a 94 Sentra happens to be one of them. I plan to visit the boneyard in a few days to check it out. I'm bringing a master cylinder, tools, and a tape measure. I'm going to find something that will fit.

The good news is that brake boosters cost $25 at the junk yard. When I find a booster that looks suitable, I will purchase it and test it on my car. Once I know it works, I can use it as a core towards a lifetime warranty unit at Autozone.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    Incidentally, you bullies are calling me names but Matt gave up on finding a cross reference. Its a shame, because he would have been a pro at designing a new mount. Instead, I'm going to have to hire the local redneck welder to make one for me.

Incidentally, you bullies are calling me names but Matt gave up on finding a cross reference. Its a shame, because he would have been a pro at designing a new mount. Instead, I'm going to have to hire the local redneck welder to make one for me.
    You'll do nothing of the sort.
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru