Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Make a Scaled down Dealership sign for 200 bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    The name of the font for "DELOREAN MOTOR CARS" is IrisUPC. It's not 100% like the original, but it was pretty darn close.
    I always thought the font was Optima regular. I pulled it it up from my MAC font library and it says the first copy write was in 1981,1982,1983,1989 and 1993 linotype library GMBH by a german company. Thats an interesting tid bit, coincidence or not.
    Last edited by DMC5180; 03-07-2015 at 10:34 PM.
    DENNIS

Consider this a warning Dead Lesbian Goat's Avatar
    VIN
    Blog Entries
    Yours is probably correct. I checked and I don't have that one. After looking closely at DMCMW's sign, I believe they are also using the IrisUPC font that I used which is very very close, but there are subtle differences.

It's a bold move to manufacture rarely used transmission filters for a rarely used car, but then again I'm a bold guy......Is "bold" the right word?

Is your 46 X 12 a true scale down of the original 11.5' X 35" dealer sign? I measured one once years ago but the exact numbers are a bit foggy.
    Last edited by DMC5180; 03-07-2015 at 11:00 PM.
    DENNIS

VIN
    Blog Entries
    I rounded things off, I believe mine was 1/3 scale. So 46"x3 = 11.5' and 12x3= 36" I wasn't too concerned about getting it exactly scale. 12" was easier to work with then 11.6666666

It's a bold move to manufacture rarely used transmission filters for a rarely used car, but then again I'm a bold guy......Is "bold" the right word?

VIN
    The signs look great guys! I'm going to give it a try as well, one question though. Was the decal split to make your black side and the silver side ? Thanks.

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Right now wholesale poster frames has 10% off. Just type in SUMFUN where the coupon code is.

good till Aug 11

VIN
    Looks good Michael. We stopped making ours when someone from the Mid-States Club said they would make them for around what you made yours for. I don't know if that ever came to fruition since I haven't seen anyone post one that was made.

We were happy to fill the void for a time but we can't make it work for us at this price point so I am glad to see someone else stepping in.
    Julee <><
    DMC Midwest
    julee@delorean.com
    815-459-6439

do you think someone could use a piece of acrylic?
    Last edited by Pilot; 09-20-2015 at 11:18 PM.

I had someone make a vector and will have the vinyl soon.
    Last edited by Pilot; 10-03-2015 at 01:14 AM.

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Just saw your next to last post. I think acrylic would work just fine. I do not know the difference between lexan and acrylic. Maybe one is more brittle than the other?

I am glad there are more than a few people using this tutorial to make their own signs. One guy in Europe made his but went with a 6 or 7' size I believe. He made it 100% scale including the stainless panel on the top DMC section.