Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Make a Scaled down Dealership sign for 200 bucks.

Consider this a warning Dead Lesbian Goat's Avatar
    VIN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    That is a great job you did there Michael.

After reading your post I started to make my own sign as well with yours as a model.
    I am going to make mine I little bigger, in metric 130 cm x 35 cm. I will also keep the top part with the DMC logo a little bigger (20 cm).
    The LED strip I already ordered on eBay. Very cheap!!!

Just like you did, I think I will keep the DMC letters black or charcoal. I can also do it with RVS decals but I think it will too much silver in the top part and I really like it the way you did.

So, many thanks Michael in pointing me in the right direction and I will show off the end result when ready.
    Thanks and Nice work on the graphic. You nailed it 100%.

One thing I would suggest about the colors. Don't make the charcoal DMC as dark as I did...it just looks black with the sign on. If you go for a slightly darker shade of gray than the surrounding silver I think you will like it more.

VIN
    Thanks for the tip Michael.
    I changed the design and replaced the black DMC with a darker tint of silver grey. I have to admit that this indeed looks better.
    Attached Images Attached Images

VIN
    Michael, will Lowe's cut the Lexan to the 46" x 12" size? This looks amazing.
    Patrick C.
    VIN 1880
    A video of my modifications can be seen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yUpusPAvJc

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick C View Post
    Michael, will Lowe's cut the Lexan to the 46" x 12" size? This looks amazing.
    I know they cut glass for like 1.00 a cut, not sure about lexan. This piece was too big for my band saw so I used a plastic cutter which basically drags a small sliver out from each pass. Takes about 20 passes or so, then you can break it against a corner.

VIN
    Michael, which profile frame are you using? Profile D?

http://www.wholesaleposterframes.com/product_info2.php
    Patrick C.
    VIN 1880
    A video of my modifications can be seen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yUpusPAvJc

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, pretty sure it was D. If you can, get the shadowbox frame, but I think you have to scale down a bit further as the maximum length is something like 41"

I tried to find a coupon code for you. I'm always getting stuff from them. A google search for discount codes may prove useful.

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Yeah, pretty sure it was D. If you can, get the shadowbox frame, but I think you have to scale down a bit further as the maximum length is something like 41"

I tried to find a coupon code for you. I'm always getting stuff from them. A google search for discount codes may prove useful.
    Thanks for all of the info. It looks like the shadow box would only come in a 40" length and I'd rather not lose 6" on the sign. I'll go with the D frame.
    Patrick C.
    VIN 1880

VIN
    Michael -

This looks absolutely awesome. Thanks for the tutorial and parts list as well. I'm going to make an attempt at this over the next few weeks. Certainly much easier to handle than the real sign!

VIN
    Last week I finished my dealer sign.
    Thanks again Michael for posting this tutorial.

I made my sign a little bigger and I used a lighter color grey for the logo. I didn't paint my frame and I also integrated the power connector into the frame.

I am really pleased with the work and it looks awesome in my garage.

Pascal
    Attached Images Attached Images

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Very nice work!