Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Getting my first smartwatch

Administrator
    VIN
    Bro....do you own a DeLorean?

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    When I saw your gun post I was suspicious, but know I know someone has been reading The Blaze..
    Starvation, overpopulation, pollution, global warming, communisim,...all DMCTalk.com's fault

VIN
    Blog Entries
    I see Apple is getting ready to launch the iwatch and now I have to say I was wrong.

I said earlier that this would be the year for the smartwatch but I think Apple is getting ready to drop a big smelly here. They are not bringing anything new and inventive to the show, they are rehashing Samsung's lead, just exactly like they did with the iPhone 6, their version of the Samsung Note which was brought to us about 4 years ago.

I was expecting much more from Apple, instead we get a watch that has an 18 hour battery life...and they say that likeit's a good thing. The Gear 2 has a 3 day life and I get 4 to 5 days out of my Gear because I shut it down after hours. Furthermore, it only takes about 30-45 min to fully charge.

Apple's iWatch starts out at $345.00 and goes up to over $1,000.00!! They even have the gall to make a 10k gold plated version. My Gear 2 cost me around $180.00 and the 2 watches are pratically identical with the exception that the iWatch is a stand alone phone.

Samsung brought out the Gear S last year which is also a powerful watch/stand alone phone and priced about the same as the entry level iWatch except it boasts a bigger curved screen.

Samsung kept themselves in check, the pursued the smart watch idea to it's conclusion and maybe even a touch beyond. I might even get the Gear S when prices come down a bit but still I prefer my Gear 2 because it looks like a unassuming watch instead of some sci-fi wristband.

Why do I think the iWatch will flop? I think that most people that buy smartwatches are geeky gadget freaks, and Samsung knew that. They didn't promote the Hell out of their smartwatch idea, they of course advertised it, but not to the point of Apple. They knew this was only going to appeal to a small slice of the pie chart. Second, it's way too expensive! Third, battery life is dismal, which is surprising for Apple to have a short battery life on anything my put their name on. Women will not wear a smartwatch. Half of the audience, maybe more, gone right there. This is not going to be any iPad revolution at all.

Samsung saw their smartwatch products as "accessories" to their phones, to be used in conjunction with and it works great. Apple sees it as a new stand alone device, and I don't see people using a phone with a 1.4" screen. I believe once the novelty wears off for a lot of people, the hype over smartwatches will die down to all but the most hardcore gadget freaks...and most of those guys are Android users.

That is my market report of the new iWatch.

*The author is a complete idiot and anything he says is probably 180 degrees off base. For heaven's sake and everything that is holy, do not use this as investing advice!!
    Starvation, overpopulation, pollution, global warming, communisim,...all DMCTalk.com's fault

If it was independent of the iPhone I could see it. You have to have an iPhone. So you have to have a monthly bill. I don't have an iPhone and don't need another monthly bill, so I won't get the stupid iWatch.
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

I read the battery will only last 3 hours with heavy use.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

VIN
    Blog Entries

VIN
    Well, I am officially stepping into the silly smart watch mess. A few weeks ago I read an article about a guy who fell while he was bicycle riding. He was injured pretty bad and was wearing an Apple Series 4 watch. The device detected his fall and automatically called 911 giving them his location. Paramedics showed up and the guy is still alive today.

I've often wondered what would happen to me if I were to crash my bike out in the middle of nowhere. I am planning to do a ride next month, so I went ahead and ordered a watch just for the ride. After the ride is over, I will probably take it off my wrist and go back to my trusty Casio until the next bike ride.

I've got no desire to have a smart watch but safety is pretty freaking important.
    On September 22, 2019 I will be participating in Bike MS to raise funds and awareness for people affected by Multiple Sclerosis.

Please consider making a donation, any size helps, by clicking the link below. Anything you give goes towards helping people with MS. I do not receive one penny of your donation. Thanks.

https://secure.nationalmssociety.org...al&fr_id=30202

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    Well, I am officially stepping into the silly smart watch mess. A few weeks ago I read an article about a guy who fell while he was bicycle riding. He was injured pretty bad and was wearing an Apple Series 4 watch. The device detected his fall and automatically called 911 giving them his location. Paramedics showed up and the guy is still alive today.

I've often wondered what would happen to me if I were to crash my bike out in the middle of nowhere. I am planning to do a ride next month, so I went ahead and ordered a watch just for the ride. After the ride is over, I will probably take it off my wrist and go back to my trusty Casio until the next bike ride.

I've got no desire to have a smart watch but safety is pretty freaking important.
    I see iwatches every freaking where now.

VIN
    I think I like this stupid watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    On September 22, 2019 I will be participating in Bike MS to raise funds and awareness for people affected by Multiple Sclerosis.

Please consider making a donation, any size helps, by clicking the link below. Anything you give goes towards helping people with MS. I do not receive one penny of your donation. Thanks.

https://secure.nationalmssociety.org...al&fr_id=30202

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    I think I like this stupid watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I like it. Mine now sucks because it doesn't do anything with the Note 8 that I have now. I thought I could make it work but SVoice has been cancelled (thanks Samsung) so half of the features are now gone like voice answering and texting, etc.

I really miss my ol smarty watch but it turns out even though I bought one of their 60" LED TV's, Washer and Dryer, and SSD, and been rocking the Note since the Note2, Samsung hates me.