Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Getting my first smartwatch

VIN
    Blog Entries
    After 1 day this thing is totally cool!! Not only am I a wristwatch guy but also a gadget guy and this things scratches all the itches. Of all the functions, I think the camera is the best. Odd because there is usually a superior one right in my pocket, but even when I have my phone handy this one is nice to have for quick snapshots (takes nice video too). You can also control the camera with voice commands if you don't mind the stares.
    1415301786661.jpg1415301846222.jpg

Another thing that suprised me was the display timeout options. 5 seconds to 5 minutes, to never. I thought I would be the 5 minute guy since I like things to be on, but the built in accelerometer actually senses when I want to check the time, and it works! No holding my wrist up and waiting for the watch to figure out that I want to check the time, the clock face is displayed instantly, so I'm a 5 second guy now which will keep my battery charged closer to the 3 day mark.

the thing I like the most, and the only reason I can really make use of this watch is the notifications. My phone is a Note so it's a big piece that i usually leave in my work van while I'm outside. When I get a call, email, text, ebay alert, etc., I can respond right then and there. Yup I can hear and talk just like it were a Bluetooth headset, but then again more stares from people nearby. I also like the s voice that I never used much on the phone, but on the watch it's quite handy calling out or responding to texts. Has built in emoticons and a number keyboard too.

I could go on but I don't want this to read like a review, just a cool little watch. Not worth 300.00 that Samsung is asking new but if you can score one for under 200 I think you will enjoy it.
    Starvation, overpopulation, pollution, global warming, communisim,...all DMCTalk.com's fault

Administrator
    VIN
    Looks cool....a video review would be worth "watching."
    Bro....do you own a DeLorean?

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    Looks cool....a video review would be worth "watching."
    YouTube is full of them. I have now entered 14 hours of what I would call very heavy use and my battery is at 52% so I'm pretty happy with that. I also dug through my old watch straps and found a proper metal mesh band that fits and really compliments it. The color is spot on.

1415323070890.jpg1415323161192.jpg

Here is a short review I dug up. This guy doesn't have the hard to understand Apu accent.

Starvation, overpopulation, pollution, global warming, communisim,...all DMCTalk.com's fault

Sharp looking watch, Michael.

That calculator watch Bill has is the exact model I begged my parents for as a kid. I thought nothing could be cooler than owning one. After I started carrying a cellphone though, I never wore a watch again. My girlfriend got me an expensive Citizen eco-drive watch but I just never got in the habit of something strapped to my wrist.

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sedated View Post
    Sharp looking watch, Michael.

That calculator watch Bill has is the exact model I begged my parents for as a kid. I thought nothing could be cooler than owning one. After I started carrying a cellphone though, I never wore a watch again. My girlfriend got me an expensive Citizen eco-drive watch but I just never got in the habit of something strapped to my wrist.
    Thanks, the more I use it the more I like it. Found an app that let's me control the phone camera from the watch in real time and vice versa. This is the face I'm rocking now. The watch faces and backgrounds are limited only to your imagination. Even found an app that let's me design my own digital or analog faces.

20141109_135309.jpg

VIN

My watch has an indeglow back light.
    On September 22, 2019 I will be participating in Bike MS to raise funds and awareness for people affected by Multiple Sclerosis.

Please consider making a donation, any size helps, by clicking the link below. Anything you give goes towards helping people with MS. I do not receive one penny of your donation. Thanks.

https://secure.nationalmssociety.org...al&fr_id=30202

It has a nice look to it. I just don't know what I might use some of the other features for, but I don't think those devices are targeted at me, really.

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sedated View Post
    It has a nice look to it. I just don't know what I might use some of the other features for, but I don't think those Devices are targeted at me, really.
    When I first got it I was thinking this must be what it was like to be one of those guys in the early 70's with the first red LED watches. It's got that cool but geeky look and it almost has a retro vibe going on. To be honest I really use this thing! I am even starting to take calls on it...the speaker works and the other parties say it sounds great on thier end too.

As a big watch fan, even I saw the wristwatch entering it's final days. This generation has no use or appreciation for them and I had actually already sold off my more expensive Tags and Tissot watches. The day of the watch is over but I think this whole smartwatch thing will take off, I really do. Even now in their infancy they are proving (to me) to be quite useful. The Gear S just released. It's basically a shrunken down Galaxy with a 2" screen. Too much in a small package if you ask me. If I need to browse the internet I'm not going to do it on a 2" smartwatch. I think they will find their stride soon enough though. Smart watches will be big in 2015.

VIN
    My watch tells time. I expecially like the 24 hour (military time) feature when I travel international.
    On September 22, 2019 I will be participating in Bike MS to raise funds and awareness for people affected by Multiple Sclerosis.

Please consider making a donation, any size helps, by clicking the link below. Anything you give goes towards helping people with MS. I do not receive one penny of your donation. Thanks.

https://secure.nationalmssociety.org...al&fr_id=30202

VIN
    Blog Entries
    I have one of those'70s red digital watches; it even tells me the date.

Though, I agree that wristwatches are dying off. My pocket watches are archaic and I suspect that my wristwatches will eventually follow down the same path.

There are watches that I used to sell, regularly, for around $1,000.00 that now retail for about $500.00 due to decreased demand.

Heck, I even sold off my Rolex because I almost never wore it and I got a good offer; that paid for a lot of parts for 3676.

Ultimately, I may sell off most of my wristwatches and keep only my pocket watches and daily use watches.
    -Chad K.
    Previous owner of VINS: 6982, 1601, 1265, and 1269

"Count of Islandia; Colonel of the Defense Forces and Chancellor of Transportation."