Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: DMCH Door Struts (Bill Did Not Create This Thread)

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by jwrayth View Post
    In another note; I would not recommend the DMC-EU struts. Not that you USA boys would likely consider them due to shipping, but the hood/louvre struts are just too powerful, and the door struts are just not powerful enough.

Moving from my Grady set to the DMC-EU set makes me wish I'd just paid the shipping/tax for a complete set from Grady rather than going for the "local" option.
    Thank you for your comments. Finally some good press on this forum. I just may stick around!
    Rob

VIN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by P. J. Grady Inc. View Post
    Thank you for your comments. Finally some good press on this forum. I just may stick around!
    Rob
    If you want a positive review of your items, I can't say enough good things about your tail light boards.

I had the transmission cooler you offer on a previous car and would love to order another one.

I'm also VERY impressed with your angle drive, though I have no personal experience with it.
    -Chad K.
    Previous owner of VINS: 6982, 1601, 1265, and 1269

Dammit, Jim. I'm an undertaker, not a mechanic.

VIN
    Thank you Chad. We do still carry the cooler fin kit (#111488G ....$34.95). It may seem pricey for aluminum finning but it's a custom order of 200 feet IIRC and it was a substantial layout of money. The margin is so thin I may raise the price soon but in case anyone here is interested I'll hold the price for now. The good news is it drops the operating temperature 20 degrees which I read will double fluid life and lessen the load on transmission seals and clutchs. As we know the DMC automatic needs all the help it can get on the reliability front.
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    If you want a positive review of your items, I can't say enough good things about your tail light boards.

I had the transmission cooler you offer on a previous car and would love to order another one.

I'm also VERY impressed with your angle drive, though I have no personal experience with it.

+1 on the Grady tail-light boards. My car came with them equipped and they are great. Had to modify them for the UK rear fog-light requirement, but understandably not a standard feature for such a small market!

Look at this guy flaunting his Pep Boys louver struts AND PJ Grady S/S louver latch plate!

I have DMCH louver struts, and they don't open nearly as forcefully as this. In fact, I can no longer use my SpecialT engine-cover-hook because it will bring the whole thing crashing down.

It looks like some of you guys are using these struts already. The video says they're Strong-Arm 6148.

Pep Boys does stock them! Note 'S' at beginning of part number.