Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: DMCH Door Struts (Bill Did Not Create This Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    Boobs have been floppy for a little while now.
    Just ordered these communist-produced erectile devices. I was getting embarrassed at not being able to achieve 100%.
    Bungee Cup Holder Guru

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    21.50, I have Grady's struts but I'm tempted to buy a pair "just in case."
    I know this is coming a bit late but if you like the way our pistons work on your doors you probably won't be happy with the Strongarm units. Ours have a roughly 25% stronger charge and have a dampening feature they lack at the end of extension. You will have to crank up your torsion bars for them to have a similiar opening effect but they won't be controlled as well at full extension. Just an FYI IMHO!
    Rob

Administrator
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by P. J. Grady Inc. View Post
    I know this is coming a bit late but if you like the way our pistons work on your doors you probably won't be happy with the Strongarm units. Ours have a roughly 25% stronger charge and have a dampening feature they lack at the end of extension. You will have to crank up your torsion bars for them to have a similiar opening effect but they won't be controlled as well at full extension. Just an FYI IMHO!
    Rob
    Thanks Rob,

I haven't yet been able to enjoy your struts I bought a couple years ago...I first have to fix my roofbox, then get a torsion bar adjustment. Hopefully this Spring!

I was more considering the elCheapo struts as a spare part for myself or to help others in a jam.

VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    I first have to fix my roofbox, then get a torsion bar adjustment.
    What is wrong with your roof box? I'm seriously considering bringing mine to Josh Bengston for a replacement job. Judging from his Facebook posts, it sounds like he has become quite a guru at replacing rusted roof boxes.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

I highly doubt rich needs a new roof box. Rich you could fix that yourself. I have done 2 roof box repairs including swapping a door and adjusting torsion bar. You may find after you re seat your roof box that your torsion bar doesn't need re adjusted. And if you used robs rivet method you won't even screw up your headliner .

Rivet method?