Thread: Site being Build

VIN

Site being Build

So I ran into some issues with building the site. I messed up the format and is screwed up everything...going back to the drawing board.

In the meantime, I am thinking about doing GoDaddy for webhosting. What do you think? Has anyone had experience with them?

Devout Follower Of He Who Walks Behind The Rows NightFlyer's Avatar
    VIN
    Quote Originally Posted by djdogbone View Post
    So I ran into some issues with building the site. I messed up the format and is screwed up everything...going back to the drawing board.

In the meantime, I am thinking about doing GoDaddy for webhosting. What do you think? Has anyone had experience with them?
    I'm pretty sure that this forum is hosted by GoDaddy, but Steve would need to confirm this, as well as provide insight as to his experience with them.
    "Driving Concours - proving it's possible with every mile!"

--Josh S.

VIN
    If you plan on having a high traffic site like this one you might want to stay away from Go daddy. That's just my two cents.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    Godaddy brags about 99.99% uptime. This means your site could possibly be offline for 14.4 minutes a day. DMCToday is on godaddy and unfortunately we did have an outage for a few minutes a week or so ago. It was only a one time thing for this site as far as I know. But if it does turn into a frequent thing we will probably look into moving to a better host even if it does cost more.
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Farrar's car blog and it will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2016)
    Rest assured, we have a backup of Shep's posts and all of them will be restored in the near future. (Steve Rice - March 2017)

VIN
    The site is partially up. Still working on the pop up window for the forum. Cant get it right. Feedback would be good.

http://www.dmcsa.org/home.htm